Oswego Classroom Teachers' Association
Educating Everyone Takes Everyone
The OCTA Advocate is a monthly newsletter available to all OCTA members and contains updates and information relavant and pertinent to the union side of public education. Click on the boxed image to view a recent issue of The Advocate.
Want to get published? Have something to say about teaching, unions or the current state of education? Tired of hearing the same old complaints? Write to us and you might find your article in the next OCTA Advocate! 500 word maximum please. Send all articles to email@example.com. Use the Contact button below to submit.
"The OCTA Advocate is full of all kinds of useful information related to the teaching profession. I can also link to the OCTA website for fast, accurate information about my local union."
Current and archived issues of The Advocate
In this EDITION of THE OCTOBER 2018 ADVOCATE:
1. NYSUT VOTER GUIDE (2018)
2. NOMINATE AN OCTA MEMBER FOR MONTHLY SPOTLIGHT!!!
3. Sign up for retirement seminar presented by NYSTRS
4. Student Loan Debt? Help is here for you!!
5. SRP Day: November 20th!!
6. NYSUT Wins Major Victory on OPT OUTS
7. Print off your NYSUT Membership Card!!
In this EDITION of THE November 2018 ADVOCATE:
1. Message from OCTA President Carrie Patane
2. Meet two VERY special kindergarten teachers in this month's OCTA SPOTLIGHT!!
3. Vote on the OCSD Capital Project December 18th!
4. Heart-felt THANK YOU to OCTA MEMBERSHIP!
5. NYSTRS seminar a success!!!
6. Benefit Information . . .
7. Mary Kay Discount Available!!!
8. Learn all about your NYSTRS Benefit Profile in this short video